Saturday, December 04, 2010

Lets get arty...

Time to write about food for soul... The question is where I begin from? Maybe I will have to write several posts on this subject let me start and see how it goes...

In 2007 when by a pure wish of heart and destiny my spouse Teymur Rustamov and I happened to be in Venice the trip coincided with Venice Biennale period...and it was the first time when Azerbaijan was taking part in Biennale as an independent country. While I was trying to get the flavour of Venice, Teymur who is a sculptor was trying to get the most of Biennale...we both knew that we wanted to go back to Venice, I wanted to have more walks in charming back streets of the place, Teymur wanted to see more Biennales (I loved the title of that Biennale which was “Think with the Senses-Feel with the Mind”)...These wishes went up to Universe :) and we came back and continued our lives...Teymur was busy with his art and then...he was chosen to be one of the artists to represent Azerbaijan in Venice Biennale in 2009. We were back in Venice...

Talking only about art part of the event it is about all latest trends in contemporary art and place to be for those who follow art closely. Since I am not an art critic I will stop here describing the Biennale. All I want to say that it is a great feeling to realise that your country is prosperous enough to participate in these feasts for soul and that its artists have peaceful minds and talent to be able to create and represent their art.

Teymur was participating with his multi-media installation “I TRUST” that, if I quote a curator of Azeri exposition in 2009 Leyla Akhundzada who is not with us unfortunately any longer and an art critic Teymur Daimi, “represents a projection of memory, consciousness and sub-consciousness of the author...” I don’t think I can actually describe the work...thus I will conclude here and post some pictures instead...You can see the installation in Azerbaijan State Art Museum next time you are in Baku. :)

We have just opened Teymur’s personal exhibition in Baku...following several posts would be devoted to art, exhibition and Teymur...


Share

No comments: