Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Fathers and children...

First of all here is better photo of earlier post kindly forwarded to me by my friend Turkan. Unfortunately I do not have more information on meanings of the mirrors etc of the Palace at the moment…maybe sometime…

Pausing on the posts on Khan Sarayi for now…

Today I am posting a photo that I called “fathers and children”.

You can see two people on this photo, father who is counting/turning beads that are called “tesbeh” in Azerbaijani……usually older sometimes younger men too do it when thinking or idle…my father counts beads when he is thinking…that puts his mind and soul in piece…“tesbeh” has religious meaning as well I think but I don’t know the details very well so will not elaborate on that now….the other person is my little sister she is playing with the mobile…looking for some MP3 song I am sure…that is something that puts her in piece…the photo is taken on a picnic where families go to enjoy nature, make kebabs and also rest in the woods…the kind of pillows that you see on the picture are what we call “mutekke”, home made oriental pillows that are used when taking a nap or having a rest, one can also lean against them…

here they are…different generations enjoying life the way they choose to… someway similar…someway different…
Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice relaxing photograph.

Ayten Qiyas-Rustamova Айтен Гияс-Рустамова Aytən Qiyas-Rüstəmova said...

Thank you, Abraham :) My husband's zodiac sign is also Scorpio :) he is sending you his regards.

Ayten

Sally said...

Another Scorpio here. I would so love to visit your country....I love all the architecture and tiles and landscapes of your part of the world. Maybe one day!

Ayten Qiyas-Rustamova Айтен Гияс-Рустамова Aytən Qiyas-Rüstəmova said...

Hello, another Scorpio. Hope you will visit one day! :)