Thursday, April 03, 2008

...Everyone knows him in Sheki...

Today I am posting a photo that may seem very strange to you...

This is the photo of one old man in Sheki who makes living by displaying the stuffed wolf that he carries around with him.

Since I remember myself I recall seeing him around...the fact is that I think everyone knows him in Sheki and has seen his animal already but in order to support the living of this old man everyone continues to give him some money...

Scenario is such that usually he brings his stuffed animal covered with a fabric (that you can also see on the picture next to him) to places where people have picnics and people give him money so that he opens up the material and shows the animal; or he firstly shows the animal and then gets the money, I am not sure about the sequence...Then everybody gasps or sighs and the event is over :))

The truth is that most people give out the money not because they want to see the stuffed animal but to support the man. I hope he will live long and people will have hearts kind enough and pockets full enough to support him and his creative "enterprise"... :)
Share

4 comments:

Benjamin Madison said...

Hi Ayten, I'm happy to see a person posting from Azerbaijan. Your photos and accompanying text are very interesting. I look forward to more.
Best wishes.

magiceye said...

that sure is nice..

Kris McCracken said...

I wonder where he found the wolf.

It would be a sight seeing him walking up the street with the wolf tucked under his arm!

Thanks so much for sharing these photos and stories, I'm enjoying them very much.

Stevenson Q said...

wow! my eyes became teary in the end of my read here! May he live long! Thanks for posting here at the web! I know that your country, Azerbaijan, is a very beutiful country even if it is small, it is very beautiful! I'm just a new member of City Dialy Photo and am enjoying it%^^ God bLess you! Mabuhay!(Long Live!) From the Philippines^^

Cavite Daily Photo
Steven Que