Monday, February 09, 2009

Hippodrome...Bine, Azerbaijan

I am not sure about the regions but we have two hippodromes in Baku, one in the city and one in one of Baku villages, called, Bine (Binə). Although I am not personally into horse riding it is great to know that this is something available and quite affordable in Azerbaijan...Albeit it took me years to actually go and visit Bine hippodrome I am happy that I did go at the end and saw those graceful and truly beautiful horses. For those especially children who are at ease with horses experience is truly peaceful and full of harmony...something that I enjoy observing a lot.

Love is in the air...what can be better for children...

Getting to know the horse...

Thankfully horses have lots of space...

Share

3 comments:

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

I am enjoying your photos. I like quince jam and the khonchas were great to see.

Unknown said...

The black horse looks gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Ayten:

Glad to see you posting again. I hadn't heard the word hippodrome for years. Thank you for bringing that word back to my vocabulary! It is so important that we learn from each other. I like your posts whether they are about local places (hippodrome) or customs (drinking tea and eating quince jam)!

Jan
Greensboro Daily Photo