Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day of Solidarity of Azerbaijanis and Happy New Year!!!

31st of December is not only the day when we greet the New Year but also the day when the day of Solidarity of Azerbaijanis is celebrated.

Azerbaijan historically always has been and continues to be located on cross roads, possess natural resources and exit to sea - these have always been a blessing and a curse...In order to occupy the land physically and politically one of the easiest ways was/is “to divide and rule” - famous old saying that proves to be true for as long as the humanity exists. I think this saying had been/is heavily “practiced” in Azerbaijan and became one of the reasons why something very common and natural among other nations is unfortunately quite rare among my fellow citizens and compatriots or Azerbaijanis that reside elsewhere. These are natural respect, compassion, sympathy, support and solidarity with each other. I am not against globalization and I believe into internationalism. But I also think that sayings “charity begins at home” or “self likes itself best” and “East or West home is best” are still very true...Therefore I really hope that people that think, believe and know that they are Azerbaijanis would understand hopefully sooner rather then later that this must mean sympathy or at the very least respect to other Azerbaijanis and SOLIDARITY by default.

Bayramımız mübarək olsun, əziz Azərbaycanlılar! Arzu edirəm ki, biz doğrudan da həmrəy olaq. Biz özümüzə və bir birimizə hörmət etməsək, heç bir millət və dövlət bizə heç vaxt hörmət etməyəcək!!!

My dear readers, thank you very much for visiting my blog, reading my thoughts, sharing your thoughts with me and supporting me. Happy New year to you and your dear ones! May year 2009 bring good health, love, joy, prosperity and peace!

With lots of love from Azerbaijan,

Ayten :)

Above photo is the courtesy of Hikmet Sadiqov. This is how the Independence Square in front of the Government House in Baku looks currently. Hikmet, thank you very much for great photo!

Share

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Farid, the photo is awesome!
Happy New Year!

Curly said...

Great picture too!

I hope you don't mind me taking the easy route by copying and pasting this comment, it is by far the easiest method of getting my message to so many CDP photobloggers.
I am not sure that I can sustain South Shields Daily Photo much longer, it is so difficult to keep finding new material on a daily basis,
and after more than two years inspiration and motivation are becoming harder to find, so I may become less daily from time to time.
I hope you can find new hope and inspiration, and that a new start in 2009 brings everything that you desire.
The CDP photoblogging community has grown massively over the past year and I'd like to thank those who have visited South Shields Daily Photo, especially those who have been kind enough to leave a comment or two.
Best wishes for 2008

from

Curly

at

South Shields Daily Photo

Anonymous said...

nice picture!

Wish you happy new year from India.

bitingmidge said...

Thank YOU for sharing your world with us!

I hope you have a fantastic 2009.

Sunshine Coast Daily - Australia