Thursday, March 19, 2009

Its the way you make me feel...

One of main purposes of my blog is raising awareness about Azerbaijan…

Therefore as you would imagine when I get emails as below and as this one I am happy to see that the blog serves its purpose…

I also appreciate very much that people take their time and actually leave comments and send me feedback. It “fuels” my energy and makes me feel good what hopefully results in better stories and pictures :) Thank you! :)
_________________________________________________________
Hi Ayten

Recently I started a writing group here in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney, Australia. One of our projects was to find a country we’ve never been to, and make up a character who lives there! Fun, eh? I chose, just because I love the word, Azerbaijan. My character lives in Baku. I can’t tell you how useful your blog has been to me, it gives me an up-close-and-personal view of how daily life is lived in your town. I’ve read some of the tragic history too, which you would all have simmering away in your consciousness; but it’s lovely to see how celebratory your attitude is to everything. I think Azerbaijanis must be tough and resilient.

Thanks again

Alison Jones
Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ayten, I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work! And Happy Novruz to you!

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

Allison Jones:

Hopefully, your main character is sipping hot tea sweetened with quince jam..........................