Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Photo session from Sheki bazaar...II

In Azerbaijan people eat herbs a lot. We just put them on a plate and eat them in combination with cheese, cucumber and other dishes. Might sound wild if you never tried this but actually it brings a lot of flavor and is very healthy.
This is a photo of a woman who is putting bunch of herbs together to be sold at her counter. Size of bunches in Sheki is usually much bigger than in Baku…must be because herbs are in abundance in Sheki…I asked the granny if I could take her photo and she started to praise me without even asking why I was taking the photo and tried to pose…very kind and touching…

This is the picture of the counter…not the best photo I took but hope it conveys the idea…

Have a good day, everyone...
Share

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.

Ayten Qiyas-Rustamova Айтен Гияс-Рустамова Aytən Qiyas-Rüstəmova said...

Thank you! :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, bunches of herbs! Most of all I used opal leaved basil. Here in California we only have green basil, but opal is so much close to my heart:( I love the Nene in the photo. Such a darling. I really miss seeing elderly people in the Azerbaijani countryside. Thank you so much for bringing sweet memories back to me.