Sunday, May 13, 2007

Shebeke

When I visit the museums I am always stunned to see how much attention and importance was always given in ancient times to every detail when building a Palace. Maybe that is what made a Palace a real Palace…The construction then usually took ages but the results are pieces of art that are enjoyed even today. Yes those palaces were built with sweat and blood of people and I am not sure if it was worth it…I wouldn’t want to be the builder but I am very happy as a museum visitor :) …anyway…enough bla bla :)

Going back to yesterday’s subject, today I am posting another piece of art, shebeke of a verandah window of the Palace of Sheki Khan. It is magnificent. In a sunny day the room is filled with all the colors of the rainbow. In any case shebeke has an ability to turn any room to a majestic place to be. Enjoy :)
Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a good picture and your narrative poses interesting questions about mankind and what we do with our environments. It doesn't have to be a building. It is everything. Sometimes nothing is worth while.

I have celebrated this day, Mother's Day in my country, with a magazine cover for my wife. I hope you can see it.