Monday, August 06, 2007

Pomegranate tree...









Dear All,

After some break I am posting today pictures of a pomegranate tree in my garden in Sheki. Pomegranates grow well and taste excellent mainly in Goychay region of Azerbaijan but other regions also grow them. We also have in our garden in Sheki couple of pomegranate trees as my father is a big fond of them. To me it is astonishing that the flowers that you see on the pictures turn into fruits. I truly find it amazing. This is another miracle of nature I would say.

Nowadays the whole world seems to be obsessed with pomegranate…we in Azerbaijan have always been a big fond of pomegranate…to us the season starts mid October and onwards…deseeding the pomegranate makes the hands dirty and its quite hard to clean the hands and nails afterwards…therefore sometimes women ask men to deseed the pomegranates for them :) our supermarkets do not sell ready pomegranate seeds…also preference of course is given to pomegranates bought in the market…Fruits of pomegranate trees of our garden won’t be that sweet but still it is always a pleasure to reap the fruits of one’s own garden :)

Have a good week! :)
Share

3 comments:

Saifullah Solenkhi said...

Salam, hope you had a wonderful trip to your hometown.
Oh yes me too love this fruit and we call 'Anar', i like to mix it will pepper and salt.
yummmmmmmmmy

Anonymous said...

I did not know any of this until I came and read your blog today. It is a learning experience for me.

Brookville Daily Photo

Ayten Qiyas-Rustamova Айтен Гияс-Рустамова Aytən Qiyas-Rüstəmova said...

We call pomegranate "nar" in Azerbaijani :)

Dear Abraham, it is a pity that I can not pass the taste of the fruit through the blog as well :) but I am sure you can find it in US.

With best regards