Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Have you seen a rainbow this year?

Recently I came across a beautiful question...«have you seen a rainbow this year?»...Rainbow that reminds of childhood, happy and cheerful moments. I think anyone who sees a rainbow smiles at this beautiful phenomenon of nature. The question implied that until a person is able to notice rainbows, to raise his/her eyes to see and enjoy, to smile to this event of nature that means that the person continues to live and is able to gladden his heart and soul. Soon after I heard this question my relative in Sheki, Turkan Mustafayeva, shared with us above picture that she took from her balcony. The view from their balcony is beautiful. They are blessed to see gorgeous mountains before them...currently buried in rich and deep green foliage...I am thanking Turkan for sharing with us this amazing instant of nature...and hope you will enjoy it too...:) 

P.S. After I made this post I received a nice note from my another relative originally from Sheki, Arifa Salayeva, who reminded that one should make a wish when sees a rainbow "when you see a rainbow, draw or make a small cross on the ground, after doing this you may then make your wish"...

Also she recalled a beautiful poem/song that I want to share with you too:

somewhere over the rainbow
skies are blue
and the dreams that you dare to dream
really do come true...:) 

Share

2 comments:

farida said...

Such a beautiful picture! I love rainbows! They bring happiness to my heart. So pretty.

Ayten Qiyas-Rustamova Айтен Гияс-Рустамова Aytən Qiyas-Rüstəmova said...

Thank you, Farida! :)