Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring cleaning...


Today I am writing the post devoted to “spring cleaning”. I could basically repeat what I wrote in 2007...as things haven’t changed since then…

I spent Novruz holidays in Sheki this year. Again got impressed how most of women are keen to keep their households immaculately clean and even if everything looks perfect still spring deep cleaning is a must.

Although modern technologies are welcome there are things which kind of just can't get any better )…such as…broom....nothing is simple with brooms either...since there is "tuğ" (which is soft broom works great indoors and with dust) there is "süpürgə" which is harsh broom works great with carpets or better outdoors and there is another type of "süpürgə" with which you can even broom your garden. And I must mention that everything is made from a natural material and this knowledge comes from ancestors…

When I got acquainted with Feng shui and read about keeping ones living environment clean I caught myself thinking that Sheki people (and not only) inherit Feng shui habits with their upbringing…since spring cleaning is just another norm be it in Sheki be it in Feng shui

Couple of photos...

"brushed" saffron at background...
"broomed" garden in Sheki awaiting spring...
"broomed" garden in Sheki awaiting spring...II
brooms rushing to the market...courtesy of Far Fario...
everyone can find THE broom for her household...I took this photo in 2007! in Sheki bazaar to share it with you only now...)
Share

No comments: