Saturday, September 24, 2011

Exploring more of Azerbaijan...somewhere between Sheki and Qakh...

This summer I realized that the word “explore” comes into my mind quite often. I was mostly linking that word to traveling but it applies to everything. I was thinking that although I live on Absheron I have explored quite little of it…that although every summer I travel to Sheki I have explored little if any of its villages. Then I started thinking about this in Azeri because “explore” was coming to my mind only in English if you know what I mean. I started to think of the best word in Azeri that would convey what I mean by it in this context…I thought of “kəşf etmək, araşdırmaq, tədqiq etmək”....tried to explain to myself why I am thinking about this in English...

At some point in life exploring might seem/become quite a luxury…exploring would have to be joint if you have children since you know that they love spending their time with you regardless what you do (especially if you are exploring…). This year we tried to do a little bit of exploring. We didn’t locate everything we wanted; it wasn’t as comfortable as it could be since our little one is too young (less than two years old) but it gave a lot of food for eyes and thought about how much is out there to explore…and not only geographically...

sharing with you some photos with more to come...

on the way to Sheki...many villages lying in the feet of the mountaints...
view up from the hill between Sheki and Qakh...
fluffy mountains of Qakh...
my posts of four (!) years ago when we visited Qakh that is neighbouring Sheki for the first time can be read here and here.

Share

2 comments:

qorxmazsahil said...

Supper.

Rachna said...

Hi,

Really great posts! I have enjoyed going through your blogs because of the great information, style and photos you have posted. It is one of a few blogs promoting Azerbaijan and I would like to introduce this blog to the readers of my travel blog too. If you're interested to add more readers to your blog site, please send me email at rachna@dtfares.com and I'll provide you with more details.

Thanks
Rachna