Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter in Sheki...

I rarely travel to Sheki in winter...probably because southern by nature I prefer travelling mostly when its warmer...nevertheless there is nothing more refreshing than awakening breath of mountains when it's cold. I try calling my relatives during the breaks of my routine and it is interesting to hear the same stories but in different manner depending who I am talking to. If I am talking to one of ever cheerful relatives I hear "you should see the beauty of our garden, snowflakes are huge and the air is so crispy; well yes the roads are frozen so are the pipes but never mind things will be all right..." and then I hear from another person who is almost always a step away from feeling depressed "oh, everything is frozen, so depressing, cold, winter is unbelievable this year, electricity was out for a while, I wish we were somewhere else..." I hang up and I am thinking how almost the same things make different people feel differently...certainly at the end of the day as they say it is not only the weather that affects our mood but probably our inner "weather" affects how we see things out of the window as well...

Sharing with you my photos that I took in Sheki during the season that might appear cold and gray but which at the same time has the weather that can awake one's mind and soul...






Share

4 comments:

Rashid said...

Dear Ayten,
wonderful post! I red it with mom, who is learning English and she enjoyed the post also. Keep writing and Happy New Year.
Your constant reader Rashid.

DIGITAL WORLD PAGES ARCHIVE said...

Yeni iliniz mubarek olsun!

Ayten Qiyas-Rustamova Айтен Гияс-Рустамова Aytən Qiyas-Rüstəmova said...

Chox sag olun, Amin!! Sizin de Yeni iliniz mubarek olsun!! Ugurlar Size ve can sagligi!!

Ayten Qiyas-Rustamova Айтен Гияс-Рустамова Aytən Qiyas-Rüstəmova said...

Dear Rashid, thank you so much!! You and your mom are inspiration!! Happy New Year!! )